His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s 88th Birthday Celebration
Sunday, July 9, 2023, at 11:00 AM
No fee to attend, RSVP required
We are delighted to invite you to celebrate the 88th birthday of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet on Sunday, July 9th, 2023, at 11:00 am. Join us in honouring the life and legacy of one of the world’s greatest humanitarians and spiritual leaders.
Throughout his life, His Holiness the Dalai Lama has carried three principal commitments:
- Promoting the happiness of all beings through sharing universal values
- Encouraging harmony among the world’s religious traditions
- Preserving Tibetan language and culture
His Holiness’ humanitarian efforts have been recognized with numerous awards, including the Nobel Peace Prize, Templeton Prize, Congressional Gold Medal, and many honorary citizenships and doctorates.
Birthday Celebration Schedule:
- 11:00 am: Offering a khata to His Holiness, followed by offering desi (sweet rice) and chai
- Short speech by our President and auspicious, long-life prayers led by Kushok
- Dedication prayer and traditional Sangsol Offering ceremony
- Lunch served outside, where we can eat and chat with other members
If you would like to contribute to the celebration, Kushok has requested that attendees bring a salad or dessert to share.
We are also seeking volunteers to assist with setup, kitchen duties, cleanup, and other tasks. If you are interested in volunteering, please email our volunteer coordinator, Andrea Ibarra, at [email protected].
Thank you for your continued support of Gaden Samten Ling. We hope to see you on July 9th!
Please RSVP here by July 4th so we can prepare for the number of attendees.
This event will be held at the Alberta Centre for Peace and Meditation, 11403-101 Street, Edmonton, AB T5G 2A9.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS:
Please note photos and videos may be taken for promotional purposes. Our Privacy Contact is Andrew Patton, 780-479-0014, [email protected].
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Please note that we will be abiding by the current provincial guidelines regarding masking and physical distancing requirements. If you are feeling unwell, we kindly ask that you attend class virtually and join us in-person when you are not symptomatic.