Start learning today with our self-paced online courses! We are currently offering the following courses online:
- Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Teacher Training – Level 1
- Entering the Buddhist Path Workshop
Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Teacher Training – Level 1
Course Fee: $195 CAD
Includes lifetime, on-demand access to videos, downloadable manual (PDF), and a Certificate of Completion signed by our Spiritual Director, Kushok Lobsang Dhamchoe.
This course is a pre-requisite for Level 2 training.
Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Foundations is an 8-week program for students of all levels – no pre-requisites or meditation experience required.
Our world is currently flooded with various meditation courses of a secular nature, focusing mainly on “mindfulness” from a Western or New Age perspective. This unique course, however, will guide students through the principles and practice of meditation from a Tibetan Buddhist perspective.
Tibetan Buddhism meditative techniques require a specific set of practices and mind training. These practices will be based on Tibetan Buddhists texts, such as the Lam Rim (The Graduated Path to Enlightenment), which follows 1000-year-old traditions.
This course is taught by Kushok Lobsang Dhamchoe, Spiritual Director of Gaden Samten Ling. Click here to learn more.
Kushok has a wonderful ability to take these deep teachings and distill them into practical steps for the lay practitioner. Students of all levels of practice, including beginners, will gain immense benefit from this training.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Have an understanding of how to start your own meditation practice
- Have an understanding of Mindfulness as a Calm Abiding technique in Tibetan Buddhist practice
- Have an understanding of foundational meditation practices within the context of Tibetan Buddhism
- Have the confidence to lead informal groups in guided meditation
This course is ideal for:
- Teachers and educators
- Healthcare professionals
- Wellness professionals
- Anybody with an interest in learning Buddhist meditation!
Entering the Buddhist Path
Course Fee: $35 CAD
Includes lifetime, on-demand access to video workshop and downloadable worksheet (PDF).
This workshop is highly recommended for those considering taking their Refuge Vows.
Are you curious about Buddhism?
In this introductory workshop, Kushok will explain what it means to be a Buddhist practitioner. Geared toward beginners as well as current practitioners, this workshop will also be of immense benefit to those who have been practicing Buddhism in a secular context and are looking to deepen their practice.
You will learn:
- A brief history of Tibetan Buddhism
- The practical benefits of Buddhist practice
- The spiritual benefits of Buddhist practice
- The significance of Refuge Vows
- Basic meditation techniques
- How to deepen your practice and pursue Buddhism further
Finally, this workshop will help to clear up the many myths and misconceptions that surround this timeless spiritual practice.
This workshop is taught by Kushok Lobsang Dhamchöe, Spiritual Director of Gaden Samten Ling Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Society and Founder of the Alberta Centre for Peace and Meditation. He is addressed as “Kushok”, which is a term of respect for monks from His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s monastery, Namgyal Monastery. Click here to learn more about our Spiritual Director.